mercredi 29 novembre 2006

Interview






Interview mit Casey Cook


Da im Club professionelle Spieler tätig sind, sowohl bei den Herren als auch bei den Damen, nutzten wir die Möglichkeit, um dem Spieler Casey Cook ein paar Fragen bezüglich des Basketballsports zu stellen.











Where exactly do you come from?

I was born in Sacramento, CA in the USA. I currently live in Santa Monica CA.


What did you study and which school did you attend?

I studied sociology at the University of California Santa Barbara (UCSB).


When did you begin playing Basketball?

I started when I was about 8 years old.


Where did you play your first season?

My first season was in Elementary School, in 6th grade. I played there for one year.


In how many teams did you play?

Well, I played at College and at High School in different teams.


How important is Basketball in American schools?

It is very important. It is an integral part of school, culture and school spirit.


How important is Basketball for American people?

Sports in general are very important and a big part of our culture. Basketball is probably the most popular sport for Americans, especially the NBA.


How did you live before coming to Europe?

I lived in Santa Monica in a small apartment with my girlfriend. Before I had attended the College of Santa Barbara for 5 years.


Why did you decide to go to Europe to play Basketball?

It was a dream to play professional Basketball and I also wanted to travel and see the world.


How did you contact a European club?

I had a sports agent who contacted clubs for me and helped me find a place to play.





Was it your dream to make money with your hobby?

Yes, it was. I always wanted to play professional Basketball and go to the NBA since I was younger.


How was your first day in Europe?

It was very exciting and a bit strange too. I found lots of new experiences, but I was also homesick and bored.


In which club did you start your career as a professional player?

I started my career as a pro in Luxembourg. I am playing now for Basket Esch.


Were you excited?

Yes, I was very excited and relieved. I was thankful to play Basketball again.


Why did you come to Luxembourg?

I came to Luxembourg for the opportunity to play professional Basketball and I like the proximity that the country has to the rest of Europe.
When did you arrive?

I arrived on August 14th, 2006


Are you happy here?

Yes, it has been a great experience so far. But I miss my family, friends and especially my girlfriend.


Do you like Europe?

Yes, I do. Compared to the States, the countries are much smaller. But I like it very much, that is why I have already visited some interesting places like Cologne, Paris and Amsterdam.


What is the difference between Luxembourg and the States?

Luxembourg is a lot smaller and it has much fewer people. The culture is not so much different.


What is the difference between Luxembourgish and American Basketball?

In the USA the game is a lot faster, more physical and more competitive.




Are you missing your country?

Yes and no. I miss some things I do not miss other things. I appreciate the bigger cities in the USA, but I also like this country. But I certainly don’t miss the American food. I think that the food here in Europe is much better (not so much junk food).


If you had the opportunity to come to Luxembourg again a second time,
would you come or would you stay in your hometown?

Yes, I would because it is always good to travel, see and experience new things and places.


Is it a hard job to be a professional player?

Yes, it is. There are a lot of expectations and stress put on the athlete. You must always be successful and the people expect you to be perfect. But if you want to live your dream as a professional athlete these concerns come with the job.

Aucun commentaire: